Saturday, May 31, 2008

History News Network -- Day Two

From: HNN Editor
To: Bradley Smith
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: RABBI BLECH AND THE MIRACLE OF JEWISH HISTORY

Bradley: At this point I don't want to take the time frankly to dig through thousands of comments to find yours. I will let you sign up for a new account and we'll go from there. Clean out your browser's cookies to proceed.
Rick

On May 29, 2008, at 11:46 PM, Bradley Smith wrote:

OK. Thanks. I'll be as thoughtful as I can be. –Bradley

From: HNN Editor
To: Bradley Smith
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: RABBI BLECH AND THE MIRACLE OF JEWISH HISTORY

You may have missed a subsequent email I sent. Our assistant editor notified me that you were bounced from HNN because you expressed doubts about the Holocaust. We draw the line at that. Sorry, but you will not be welcome to participate in our forums.

[BELOW IS THE MESSAGE THAT PROFESSOR SHENKMAN ALLUDES TO ABOVE. I DID, IN FACT, MISS IT.]

From: HNN Editor
To: bsmith@prodigy.net.mx
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 12:06 PM
Subject: HNN

Bradley, My assistant editor tells me we banned you because your posts indicated you questioned the existence of the Holocaust. Sorry, but that's beyond the pale. You are NOT welcome to post at HNN.

======================================

Well, Professor Shenkman tells me that I am forbidden to post on HNN. He tells me I can post on HNN but advises me to clean up my (the computer’s) cookies. He tells me that I cannot post on HNN. Okay. I am not surprised. That’s how it usually is with professors who find themselves in any kind of close proximity to revisionists. It unsettles them considerably and clouds their minds, a condition, a mystery, they really should look into.

But then Professor Shenkman tells me something that does surprise me. My problem with HNN is not that I questioned the moral judgment of God over His behavior toward the Egyptian mothers at the time of the Jewish Exodus, or the moral judgment of the Rabbi Blechs for forwarding the idea that we should celebrate the mass-murder of children. My error is that I expressed “doubt” about the Holocaust, and that I questioned the “existence” of the Holocaust.

But did I?

The story evolves.

No comments: