Saturday, May 16, 2009

Michael Savage and Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political rights

On 13 May Richard Thompson, President and Chief Counsel of the Thomas More Law Center, wrote Hillary Rodham Clinton asking for help in dealing with Michael Savage being banned from Great Britain for his opinions, an act that appears to be against the law in Great Britain.

===============

“Madam Secretary:

[….] I respectfully request that you take all necessary action to protect Mr. Savage’s rights under Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political rights to which both the United States and the United Kingdom are signatories. Article 19, section 2 provides in part:

‘Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print….’

===============

I’m with Mr. Thompson and Mr. Savage on this one. I think we ought to ask these two gentlemen if Holocaust revisionists do not have the freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, either orally, in writing or in print, with regard to the gas-chamber question. And if so, why are they prosecuted and imprisoned for seeking and imparting revisionist information and ideas? Any suggestions on how best to do this will be warmly received.

2 comments:

Ivan de Coward said...

Dear Bradley,

I hope you are getting some relief from your pinched nerve problem. I am familiar with the pain. It started for me a couple years ago with a numbness in my left leg. At first the pain was there only when I was walking, it did not bother me while sitting or sleeping. In the course of 3 months the problem deteriorated so badly that I could not walk, sit, or stay in bed without a pain similar to what you have described in your post. After spending tons of money on drugs and doctors here in the US I took a vacation and went back to Russia, my home country. When I got to Sheremetievo airport in Moscow my condition was so bad that I had to request a wheelchair. To my big surprise (Russia has changed a lot since I left the country in 1992 after the collapse of the USSR) I have learned that Russian surgeons have developed a none-intrusive technique based on laser technology to treat medical conditions associated with the pinched nerve in the lower part of the backbone. The surgical operation (laser-beam manipulation as they call it there) took about one hour and after 2 weeks of rehabilitation procedures in the hospital I was well under way of rapid recovery. And it was cheap also - the whole thing, an operation plus 2 weeks stay in the hospital, cost me about $2000 only. Here in the US that would cost me at least 10 times as much.

Anyway that was not what I wanted to comment about. I want to offer you a bet. You will not get a kind of hearing you expect from Michael Savage. It's not that I believe there are no descent an honest Jews with the type of influence that Savage commands. For example, the famous world chess champion Bobby Fischer and the famous physicist Richard Feynman were among descent and brutally honest Jews. But Savage is not one of them. It's just a hunch. If I lose the bet I owe you at least a beer. If you lose you will have to admit that (despite all of your experiences associated with your struggle to unravel the truth about the Holocaust narrative) you are still a naive and gullible good old man.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bradley,

You might want to check the particular combination of pain meds you're on. Michael Alan Weiner aka Michael Savage? He and fellow traveler lunatic neocon Jews like Horowitz are the worst of the worst. And their useful goy dupe Sean Hannity. What defines them is their loud-mouthed confrontational war and fear mongering, coupled with their unabashedly hysterical encouragement and justification of all things Israel and Jew. I'm sure you know this. But given their reputations and religious fervor for the Chosen, I sincerely doubt they would for a second put that ideology aside to support you in a freedom of speech issue regarding such an flagrant sacrilege as suggesting that maybe only 5,999,999 yids bought the kibbutz during the war.

But, go for it. It would be entertaining to see Savage get wound up over this.