Thursday, October 29, 2009

Preparing to take a run at You Tube

Today Hernandez and I did our first interview for a You Tube presentation. Hernandez started talking about YouTube three, four months ago. I decided to take a run at it. That was in early September. I bought a Webcam, a good camera with a tripod. The equipment has been here maybe six weeks. Always a time issue. And then there have been distractions, deaths in the family, sickness, the surgery (day before yesterday the stitches were removed so that distraction if just about over), in short the usual distractions of life.

Anyhow, this morning we uploaded Real Player and had our first back and forth on camera. We are still working on the concept for the “program.” It’s in my mind that I would just like to talk to somebody. Why not the folk who come here, or who use The Forum or the CODOH Library? Some of you know me, most don’t. It might be better if more of us knew more of us.

The trial run we did this morning lasted five minutes. Hernandez said it was very messy. I was surprised at how old I look. Here in the house, in our bathroom mirror where I see my image most every morning and night, I look a lot better. Maybe the camera was too close. Vanity, thy name is Smith. I have to get used to the idea that I’ll be 80 years old in a couple months, that I’m fat, and just not as pretty as I was 40 or 50 years ago. What can I say?

Tomorrow we’ll take a second run at an interview and I expect to send it on to those of you who have signed up for CODOH Updates and News. Nothing deep, nothing complicated, just a “How ya doin’” a couple times a week along with, hopefully, a lead to a relevant story. I may not be able to much improve it, but maybe I will be able to add a little something to the “human face” of Holocaust revisionism.

1 comment: