Thursday, October 15, 2009

The thread of thought is carried on largely by ....

Reading the preface to Stirner’s The Ego and His Own where, in the second paragraph, I underlined this text:

“It is characteristic of Stirner’s writing that the thread of thought is carried on largely by the repetition of the same word in a modified form or sense.”

The sentence made me think, maybe for the first time, to tell my blog readers that I have chosen to not talk about the depression and anxiety I have been gripped with the last weeks. A long time ago, when I was serious about keeping a journal, that is the sort of thing I felt obligated to record. It was a matter of principle. Now I see it as being a burden on my reader. That a blog cannot carry the weight of too much real confession.

And then thought asked: but what is the connection here?

On the one hand the thread of thought is carried on largely by the repetition of the same word in a modified form or sense. On the other I am aware that I have chosen to not burden my readers with the depression. Where is the connection? What is the connection?

I haven't the slightest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the feeling of being trapped, so everything seems to repeat its self?