Wednesday, January 13, 2010

On deviding and conquering one's self

Well, I said I was back but I wasn’t really back. Family issues, the holidays, maybe too much work on the horizon, the work divided into too many separate projects. In the YouTube video last week I talked about listening to Michael Savage talking about how Obama is destroying the nation and then talking about getting a haircut and me realizing that I had separated my own getting-a-haircut stories from my work questioning the Holocaust death cult. It was based on a sound rational, but it was not right for me. Extra work, and I was not doing it, could not do it, and had to stop trying to do it.

Today I posted a note on The Holocaust Question Today announcing that I was finished with it. Apologies to those who were helping me with it, apologies to that modest group of readers who were interested in it. But the folk who were helping me there will help me here, and there are several new writers on the horizon.

When I first suggested to the handful of folk who help me with CODODH that I thought I should integrate The Holocaust Question Today blog back into this blog, everyone of them agreed. That rather surprised me. Widmann was one of those who agreed because, as he wrote: “… you have divided and conquered yourself.”

Exactly!

I have got to do what I can really do. I had the good sense to get off Twitter after a very few days. I have not gone to Face Book, though I have been advised that I should. I have the Campus Project to forward, which may be taking yet another new turn. I have the YouTube work. I have a concept for radio that I might try to work out as it would use very little of my time—aside from the interviews themselves. In any event, with Widmann’s help, I have matured. I realize that I cannot continue to divide and conquer myself.

5 comments:

Chip said...

Bradley,

I enjoy the YouTube spots. If you're looking for ideas, I think it would be cool if you were to read short clips from your books from time to time.

Bradley R. Smith said...

I'm glad of course that you like the YOuTube spots. But I wonder why? Spcefically.

Bradley R. Smith said...

Specifically.

Chip said...

I could be specific, but I would be tempted to use the word "intimate," and everyone would wince. Let's just say it's good radio.

Bradley R. Smith said...

OK