Subject: International Conference on Antisemitism and Holocaust Denial
Dear Dr Toben,
We are unable to accept your registration and we are returning your cheque.
Holocaust Education Trust Ireland
Lower Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin 2
Tel: +353 1 6690593
From: "Fredrick Toben"
Date: 31 October 2010 06:34:30 GMT
To: "'HET Ireland'"
Cc: "Adelaide Institute"
Dear Chief Executive Lynn Jackson:
Please, I pray, advise me:
1. Why am I not permitted to attend your most interesting Holocaust conference in Dublin this month?
2. I see the conference theme emphasizes Denialism. Is it safe to presume there will also be academic papers presented that explore truth-content of what passes as Holocaust-Shoah narrative?
3. Will the conference also expose the many fanciful stories told by survivors, for example the notorious Herman Rosenblat story featured on the Oprah Winfrey Show? - see item below.
4. In view of the conference’s ‘antisemitic’ emphasis, will there also be a focus on the Talmud-generated hatred of things not Jewish? For example, will you focus on Jewish supremacism as recently expressed by Chief Rabbi Ovadia Josef of Jerusalem: ‘Gentiles exist only to serve Jews’?
5. I am interested in Professor Meir Litvak, Center for Iranian Studies, Tel Aviv University, who will speak on ‘Antisemitism in Iran and Holocaust denial’. Will there be scholars from Iran attending this International conference?
6. Of particular interest for me is Prof Robert Wistrich’s Holocaust denial and inversion’ because I have observed how Holocaust inversion has totally gripped the Holocaust-Shoah narrative, which makes it another form of nihilism. This would explain why in a number of countries individuals, who refuse to believe in its narrative, are labeled ‘deniers’, ‘haters’,‘antisemites’, ‘racists’, ‘neo-Nazis’, ‘xenophobes’, even ‘terrorists’ – and often imprisoned. It seems to me that an open discussion is thus feared by those who believe in the Holocaust- Shoah narrative on account of their personal Holocaust inversion problem, which then becomes a pathological lethal obsession fuelled by a self-serving victim mentality that cannot tolerate anyone asking questions. Hence the need to criminalize those individuals who refuse to adopt the Holocaust inversion mindset. Perhaps you can pass on my thoughts to Professor Wistrich for comment.
7. While I still have your attention, could you please ask Professor Robert Jan van Pelt whether he still stands by the statement he and Deborah Dwork made in their 1996 book: Auschwitz: From 1270 to the Present, where at pages 363-64 they state that Auschwitz I-Stammlager never had a homicidal gas chamber, and the one that is shown to visitors is merely a symbolic representation of the homicidal gas chambers at Auschwitz II-Birkenau? Although I am saddened by the fact that I am not permitted to attend I wish you and your conference all the best.
Dr Fredrick Töben
Herman Rosenblat story featured on the Oprah Winfrey Show